Saturday, September 6, 2014

Canvas Art Journal

Here's my Design Team work for Scraps of Color E:Spire.  I found this Recollections Journal that came with a kit full of pink papers and chipboard embellishments.  I used all of the contents on an Altered Prima Journal previously posted and had the canvas left over. The texture was a bit hard to work with so I covered the front with paper and used watercolor for the back.   As you can see, my blog was the inspiration for the back.
The front of the canvas was painted, but I decided to cover with paper.  It was distressed and sprayed with Tattered Angels mist.  I used modeling paste with the brick template at the middle left, stamped clocks on the paper and added some metal ware.  The paper, flowers, leaves and ribbons came from  C'est Magnifique  July 2014 kit.

Close up


Thanks for stopping by.  I'm headed back to the scraproom to dabble with some acrylic paint.  Make it a great day!

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job as always tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many textures and embellishments on your projects and they all work so well together. I wish I could do that! Love the frolicking dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks like it was fun. I too like trying something new and different. you did a nice job on this. the ocean scene with the dolphins is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you incorporated the softness of the flowers with the hardness of the bricks and clock hands. Simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite pretty! Canvas is very hard to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...