Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowing in Memphis

Memphis got a few snow flurries Christmas weekend, but 1/10/11 we got 3-5 inches.  As you see below I got 3.5 inches at my home. I only went out to take pictures because it was cold. 




3.5 inches!


My street is always busy, but it looks as though everyone stayed home. 

My manager sent a message the office was closed and SCRAPBOOKING took me awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  I created one layout and card, chatted with my friends at Scraps Of Color, and spread some love in the gallery at Scrapbook.com.  'Shear delight' below was so much fun creating.  Actually all the snapshots were taken by me accept for the back of my head.  I was snapping away. My stylist was cracking up laughing at how perfect they were...and not to mention how excited I was.  I wish I had taken a before and after shots ...Well maybe not...lol.  Journaling reads:  The things I love about my stylist...Always on time, Has a sweet personality, Takes time with my hair, Good sleep under the dryer (I sleep while she's styling too-she's got patience!), No drama at her shop, Her shop is down the street from Michael's & Joann's!  (She trys to talk me out of going. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.) 


Products used:  DCWV Mariposa pp, Sizzix scissors, Martha Stewart lace punch (top), EK Success edge punch (bottom)


==========================================================

This is my creation with the image we used of Obama & Martin for the Friday Nite Challenge at SOC.  I'm going to use it in my classroom.  Products used Scenic Route pp & chipboard stars, Spellbinder shape, EK Success edge punch, K & C alphabets.  Title:  The Dream is...HIStory.




Also at SOC, this card was designed for our 1st Weekend Challenge in January.  The challenge is to use red/black/white, add a heart and have fun with it!  Products used:  Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart dove punch ($5.00 bargain @ Michael's I couldn't pass up), and CM heart punches. 
 


1 comment:

  1. Makes you want to cry for a snow day everyday huh! Great work love your photo on top so tranquill!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...