Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Holiday Altered Art

Happy Holidays!
Jackson's Digital Expressions Altered Arts Design Team created projects using any kind of container new or recyled from jars, cans, etc.  I enjoy working with Robert Jackson's cute digital images and have two projects to share.  The first is a canned jar of spiced tea I'm making for my mother's Thanksgiving table.  She started a Thanksgiving tradition over 20 years ago cooking dinner for her family and loves to give gifts.  The little jars will be used as table decor and given to her sisters.
Supplies
Robert Jackson digital - Pray
Tim Holtz rosette die
Making Memories square brads
Canvas Corp
Daisys D paper
Prima flowers
Dress it Up flower
Adornament fiber
Hancock lace

Side view.  Can't you see the spiced tea! Mmmm good

Floral topper
 
Now for Christmas I used fabric on this project.  It's an old candle jar and it was truly an exciting time for me since it was my first opportunity to use fabric.  My Stampin Up buddy Sharon RAK'd her stampin group with a box of Designer Candy Cane Christmas Fabric and I knew I would use it, but not sure how.  I made the floral flower and put it on top of the Prima flower with leaves. I also tappered the cover and placed it on top securing it with felt fiber. 
 
Supplies
Robert Jackson digi - Around the Tree
Bic Mark-it markers
Stampin Up fabric
Martha Stewart edge punch
Michael's ribbon
 

Don't you just love this heartwarming image?!

This is my pride and joy!  My first fabric flower!!!!  : )

The bottom has red poinsettas and the tag was placed inside.
Now come on and create your altered item using any kind of container.  The theme is Holiday or Winter.  Here's a photo of them both.
 

Entered in
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #52 Anything Goes Encouraging or Uplifting Sentiment
Scraps of Color Robert Jackson Anything Goes Challenge
Memascrafts November Anything Goes Challenge 1 - Winter Holiday theme
 


12 comments:

  1. Princess, these are stunning! Fabulously colored and designed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Princess!
    I am sure your Mom's sisters will enjoy these cute and thoughtful gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your altered gift projects, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, Princess! The second one reminds me of a snow globe, and the first one is so darling as well. Your Mom's going to have the best dressed table ever. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing these with us in the challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you're doing well and having a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jars! I keep saving jars; I just know there is something I can make with them. You have given me a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are WONDERFUL! I love all your details and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These really show your creativity. They make wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to try altered art and the more I see talented folks like you the more I am inspired to try. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts and I hope you will visit us again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and what a nice tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful jars!!! They will look fabulous on the Thanksgiving table. Love how you matted the praying hands with the rosette. The Christmas tree image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking time to join us over at Mema's Crafts and good luck in the Year 2012 Review challenge.

    Hugs
    Lesia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...