Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Wiz featuring Lion

If you haven’t heard already, Scraps of Color is having The Wiz relay challenge.  Our first image was the Tin Man.  And now we are featuring the Lion. You remember him..…the one with no courage.  I was gifted A Little Book of Hugs to Encourage and Inspire one year.   There is a quote in it that reads, “Courage is fear that has said its prayers”.  I’m feeling courageous!
My creation is a tag using this gorgeous image by Robert Jackson.  He never cease to amaze me with his designs.  This challenge is to use COURAGE on the card and we can pick one or all 3 on our projects:   dry embossing, jute and/or burlap.   I chose burlap.  To make Lion come alive, I put Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff by Our Craft Lounge for his hair and tail.  Copics were used for his outfit.  Then I went in my stash to select brown, bronze and chocolate paper and embellishments.  My goal was to add different textures.  The ribbon was used to tie a knot at the top and I pleated it at the bottom. 

Close up view of the Sparkly Fluff
Have a great week and it is my prayer that you are warm and cozy.  Be encouraged!

Entering in the following challenges:
Scraps of Color - The Wiz challenge
Inky Impressions - IIC#144 Monochromatic
Word Art Wednesday - #117 Anything Goes - Uplifting Word
Love to Scrap Challenge - LTSCB # 22 Tag You're It
Pile it on - #4 Animals
Memascrafts - BINGO challenge (ribbon, Free, Fussy Cutting/image, Bling)

3 comments:

  1. I was in Michel's today and they have books of burlap and colored corrugated paper. Who knew? This is a tribute to courage, The color is awesome and the amount of textures and points of serious interest is extreme. WOW! I enjoyed seeing your lovely art today and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I love it!!! So much to see on this tag... so creative, love the image.. beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog...
    Hugs,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do have a fine fine collection of ribbons!!! so beautiful ! i love those brown colors! they're both warm and elegant, especially with the sparkling ! i love how the canvas and the color also give a touch of vintage look to your project too!
    ♥ Thanks for sharing at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog ♥
    Shuly dt
    (。◕‿◕。)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...