Friday, May 19, 2017

Junior's canvas

This canvas was painted for my nephews room.  I can't wait until he visits us so he can play in the craft studio.  I'm going to try and teach him some techniques. He's only four, but he's smart.  Can't wait to see what he creates.  Check out the close ups below.  My next project will be printing his photos so I can catch up with  his scrapbook album.

My mother thought the canvas was wood.  I had to show her the technique.  Acrylic paint was used on some of the chipboard letters to bring in the colors of the paper by DCWV paper stack All About Boys/Sports. 

I'm loving the embellishments I used.  Some are VERY old.  I used stickers, metals and paper stack.

This photo was taken when he was two years old.  He loved to travel with his basketball.
The photo is attached to the two clothes pins so we can up date it with new photos.  

He's learning this scripture.  The OCD in me was upset that the scripture wasn't centered so I had to include some star stickers to balance it off.  I might work on it again just to balance it off.  Anytime I can, I love to use my handwriting.

Check out these old embellishments!  I purchased them years ago.  The sentiment was from a scrapbook convention back in the day.  The metal was at  Michaels back in the day.  I love the textures from the cheesecloth and templates.  

Entering in the following challenges:
Scrapbook.com - NSD Mixed Media Challenge
Creative Artiste Mixed Media -   #26 Anything Mixed Media Goes  (I used a watercolor palette, water color pencils, acrylic paint, glimmer mists)
Word Art Wednesday - Week 282-283 Anything Goes Family/Friendly
A Inky Mess - Anything Mixed Media or Altered Art

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! This is so beautiful and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute
    Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...