Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pat's Altered Printers Tray

This tray was made for my brother Patrick. Although I purchased it a couple years ago, I kind of had several ideas in my mind so I might be doing one more for him. I absolutely love making ATC's, so this was easy to create. I didn't have to purchase one thing.  It all came from my stash of goodies.  Since we've been challenged at SOC to use items we've been hoarding for years. I decided to do just that to mix in with my recent purchases.  I found a grunge board, metal sheet, pewter brads, Cherished ribbon, and photo of the Memphis bridge taken in year 2000.
Recipe:

7 Gypsies printers tray
Tim Holtz game spinner,  sprocket gear, paper rosette die cut, grunge board,
Tim Holtz retro grunge paper stash and embossing die
Making Memories metal key, brads, metal charm
Quickutz metal and cork board sheets
Bo Bonny Timepiece collection paper
ATC card by Edie from SOC swap
K &Company embossed sticker
Robert Jackson digital stamp
Graphic 45 Curtain call paper
EK Success sticker alphabets
Hancock Fabrics lace
Bic Mark-it markers
Jolee stickers

ATC card compliments of Edie at SOC.
  Added a spocket gear on the rosette die cut

Used the embossing folder on the metal sheet and the camera is attached to the black fiber.
Do you see the grunge board in the background?

The image reminds me so much of our grandfather 'Papa', who was a deacon.
He was a praying man and we miss him dearly.
I can still see him crawl out the bed on his knees.
Before he said good morning he would talk to the Lord.

Sites in Memphis!

Yes that's Mama Minnie's word....FAITH! 
The garden embellishments remind us both of remembering our foundation
something Mama Minnie reminds us often.

You know its one thing to put your heart and love in what you create, but to see the look on one's face when they receive it is truly heartwarming.  He absolutely LOVED it!  Oh it makes my heart all warm and fuzzy.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome tray. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he will absolutely love this! You have inspired me to give something like this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift Princess. You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandfather sounds like the gem that my dearly missed grandmother was. She would stay up until 3am...praying on her knees. Oh what beautiful knees!
    Your artwork is amazing ~ each nook and cranny so precious. By the way...I LOVE your header...I'm originally from HI, so it fills me with joy when I visit you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The detail on this tray is amazing and so meaningful! I want to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful gift, you can tell you put your heart into making this tray. Awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great present, photos and memorabilia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this ...what an amazing gift! Such detail. I know that warm fuzzy feeling :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...