Sunday, October 14, 2012

Still Celebrating Life

When I was getting ready to check out at Joanns and saw the Tic Tac with the Breast Cancer ribbon,  I immediately went to find the turorial from the Snowman project by Stampin Up. Each member of our Young Womens Association is suppose to put something in our Survivors goodie bags.
I found Kristens Kreations tutorial and created these for our Breast Cancer Survivors for Pink Sunday. 
Entered in Link Up For Pink.  Their blog is full of support.
Saturday afternoon my sorority Delta Sigma Theta Memphis Alumnae Chapter Celebrated Life with survivors at the Richard & Annette Bloch Cancer Survivor Park.  It was a busy area since there was a craft fair, but we found a few! Some sorority sisters, other greeks, family, co-workers and friends.
 This survivor received my card and said it reminded her of her granddaughter. Oh it touched my heart.  I tell you it's nothing life a homemade card.  It is entitled 'Dream'.
 Our soror Annie came a bit later, but she still got a chance to celebrate with a few other sorors that stayed around to take pictures and enjoy the moment.
 Here's a handful of our new sorors.  I told them I didn't like pictures with a simple pose.  Hey it's a celebration right?  I think they got the picture!
Line sisters celebrating over five years in Delta...Still actively involved
What a blessed day and awesome event.  I'll be attending Cropping for a Cure next Saturday.  I feel a few layouts coming from these photos!  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Love your cards I saw them on Link up for pink. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mint holders and what a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project!
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome little mint holders!!!!

    Thanks for sharing your pics, they are fab and looks like you had a super time :)
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mint holders. Your cards are wonderful. That is a great way to spend a day...looks like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all were having a ball. What a joyous occasion. The candy holders were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful, great projects, fantastic people joining together for a worthy cause. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...