Friday, September 21, 2012

A Friend Loves at All times

I slipped in a layout this week!  My two post are about friends. I want to start off with this card, which I think I went card challenge crazy, but I so love creating using all the various elements.
 
 
Entered in Sassy Cheryls Challenge - #133 It's a Cut Use any Die Cut
Entered in Tuesday Morning sketches using sketch - #164
Entered in Word Art Wednesday word art #46 - Friends
Entered in Inky Impressions  challenge - For a child  
Entered in Color Throw Down challenge - CTD210
Entered in Crafts and Me Challenges - #102 Roses
Entered in Scrap-Creations challenge - Embossing
 
 ==================================================
Next this layout was created for Classy Girl Sketch and Stash Challenge  week 33.  Below is the inspiration and my take on the sketch.  We were to grab two photos and a page kit.  The paper and chipboard embellies are from Target's $1 bin yearssssss ago.  I'm not sure if they still sell scrapbook kits in their dollar bin.  The papers are indeed pretty, but they are very thin.  Since I'm use to working with cardstock, it was a bit delicate for me.  Title reads:  Back in the Day -  FRIENDS.  I've been a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc  since 1982 and my sorors have been a blessing to me.

The journaling was a bit light, but it reads, "Relationships create the fabric of our lives.  They are the fibers that weave all things together. - Eden Froust.  Thought it was most appropriate since I used  different patterns and colors.  We are Friends and Sorority Sisters.  In the photos Janiece is standing next to me and that's us again squatting down chatting 'as usual'.  We've been friends since age 5 and now we are 51....WOW!


Well until my next post friends....Have a Wonderful Weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. Hi there! How are things in your neck of the woods? I'm SO SUPER glad to see your beautiful art in our challenge again this week. I LOVE having you play along, and this card is just darling. The image reminds me of a vintage one, and of course seeing children pray together is SO endearing. We are blessed beyond words to have YOU as part of our group of friends at Word Art Wednesday, and I appreciate your participation more than you can know. Thanks for always being such a blessing through your lovely art, Princess. I thank our precious God for you, and pray for you, each time I stop by. Enjoy your week, my Sister in the Lord.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess, your sweetly colored hugging children look fabulous on this pretty friendship card. Love your colorful friends layout too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Roses" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Your layout is great too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so sweet! Adorable card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Inky Impressions challenge and I hope you'll join us again next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sweet as can be! what a fun sketch and adorable little image!
    thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl die cuts challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable! Love the sweet image and that pretty embossed panel. And, your layout is fab...looks complicated! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww - your card is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card + layout are so very well coordinated, always ~ very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card and layout. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...